October 2015

DADE RADIO CLUB OCTOBER 12, 2015 MINUTES OF MEETING

 

PRESIDENT:                                     JULIO HERRERA (KK4KMO) (NOT PRESENT)

VICE PRESIDENT:                          LLOYD KURTZMAN (W4KAM)(NOT PRESENT)

CORPORATE SECRETARY:          JOANNE CARBANA (KG4GKU)

TREASURER:                                   BRIANNA PUCK (WD4BNJ) (NOT PRESENT)

CORRESPONDING SECRETARY: LLOYD KURTZMAN (W4KAM)(NOT PRESENT)

 

BOARD OF DIRECTORS:

 

ESTHER SANCHEZ (KI40TX)  (NOT PRESENT)

MIGUEL GARATE (KJ4YUN)

JASON SWIFT (WB0ATS)

RAY VAUGHAN (KD4BBM) (NOT PRESENT)

ANDY PICHS (N3PI) (NOT PRESENT)

 

WEB SITE:  http:/www.daderadioclub.org

 

Meeting was called to order at 19:36 with 19 present.   We have a quorum.

 

Julio was not present tonight and Miguel presided over the meeting and welcomed everyone. The meeting was not broadcast live on the air tonight from the EOC.   There was testing being conducted in another room tonight.  Miguel showed a video “Amateur Radio Op Buys a New Ham Radio, Wife Not Pleased.”  Everyone took turns and stated their name and call sign and what they did the past month with Ham radio.   Miguel welcomed everyone again.

 

Lee has a new unit to check out after the meeting tonight in the back of the room.

 

Miguel announced upcoming events of Hamfest In the Woods in Okeechobee next month.

 

New Hams were advised to speak to Armando.

 

The minutes were not posted on the website.  They will be voted upon at the next meeting.

 

Secretary:  Joanne asked that everyone please sign in.

 

Corresponding Secretary: Lloyd is not here tonight, but there was no new mail.

 

Treasurer – Brianna is not present tonight.

 

Website – It’s up and running. Miguel advised that we renewed the domain last month.

 

Club Elmer/PIO – Miguel stated that there was an annual testing done last week.

 

Paddle Challenge –  Jason advised that it was a good event.  There was a small group.  No incidents to note.  Thirteen kayaks did the 12 miles.

 

Miguel announced that the trailer has been moved down South.  There are many projects to be worked on.  Anyone can volunteer.

 

 

Dave came in and announced that Ivan Proenza passes he Tech.  Congratulations!

 

ISS Contact at Booker T Washington Senior High School – Steve is not present tonight.  Ryan said that there will be a presentation in November to meet with parents and what to expect.  Another ISS Contact will take place next year with another school.  TBA.

 

Hamboree – Miquel stated that we have hit a speed bump.  We are looking for a new venue.  If you have any suggestions, please email Lloyd, Miguel or Julio.

 

Repeater Update:

 

Miguel announced that all nets are listed on our website: w4nvu.org.

 

The 147.000 – It is down.

 

The 147.760 – Not using. Hard to get access.

 

The 146.700 – Brandon announced that there is a new main net on Wednesdays.  It is working better and sounds better.

 

Emergency Committee – Miguel said we had a little scare with Joaquin.  We were not asked to do anything.

 

Armando announced that he is putting together a list of the repeaters with the frequencies for the new Hams.  The list will be posted on the website.

 

Old Business:  None.

 

Frank advised that wnvu has been renewed. We are good for another 10 years.

 

Virgil asked about the December party.  Elks Lodge on Sunset changed to only caterers and there is a $6,000 minimum.  Frank will check the Elks Lodge in South Miami for the 2nd Monday in December at 7 PM and will advise.

 

We had a drawing for a multi tester.   Joanne won the raffle and the club earned $24.00. Congratulations!

 

Dues are due now for next year.

 

Miguel asked if there was any other old business. There was none.

 

Miguel asked if there was any new business.  There was none.

 

Lloyd thanked everyone for coming.

 

Ryan made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Hollis.  The DRC meeting was adjourned at 20:24.

 

Joanne Carbana

KG4GKU