February 11, 2019 Meeting Meetings
- President: Julio Herrera (KK4KMO)
- Vice President: Lloyd Kurtzman (N4LJK) (Not Present)
- Corporate Secretary: Joanne Carbana (KG4GKU) (Not Present)
- Public Information Officer: Dani Burrus (KJ4YVN)
- Treasurer: Lee Abrams (WB2CUW) (Not Present)
- Corresponding Secretary: Lloyd Kurtzman (N4LJK) (Not Present)
Board of Directors:
- Miguel Garate (KJ4YVN) (Not Present)
- Jason Swift (WB0ATS) (Not Present)
- Ray Vaughan (KD4BBM)
- Bob Hernandez (KM4JAT) (Not Present)
Minutes completed by: Dani Burrus (KK4ZMF)
Julio called meeting to order at 19:36.
Julio presided over the meeting and welcomed everyone. The meeting was not broadcast live on the air tonight from the EOC. There is testing being conducted. Everyone took turns and stated their name and call sign.
Reading of the Minutes – There were no minutes taken at the January meeting.
Secretary – Joanne is not present, nothing to report.
Corresponding Secretary – Lloyd is not present, nothing to report.
Treasurer’s Report – Lee is not present, nothing to report.
Website – Website is being updated. Julio will be working on graphics.
Club Elmer – Miguel is not present, nothing to report.
PIO/Holiday Party – Dani has nothing to report.
Miami Marathon – Brandon spoke about the event, no major issues to report. Julio also reported the Miami Marathon will occur on the same weekend as Orlando Hamfest for 2020.
Winter Field Day – Julio shared pictures and described what happened during the event. There was rain, but that didn’t stop the Hams!
Orlando Hamfest – Julio described what the Orlando Hamdest is, told the attendees about the vendors, etc.
Everglades Bike Club Freedom Ride – The event is March 31st, from 7:00am to 1:00 and starts at Homestead Speedway. This event raises money for the Wounded Warriors. Hams are needed to man rest stops and critical stations. Contact David for more info.
MS Bike Ride – This event is on March 2nd and 3rd. This event raises money for MS’s research for a cure. Hams are needed to man rest stops and critical stations. Contact Brandon for more info.
Florida State Parks on the Air (April 6-7th) – John Dickerson State Parks is the potential spot for this event. Visit http://flspota.org/ for more information or to register. Julio will be providing more info as the even gets closer.
- 147.000 – Jason is not here, there is no update.
- 146.760 – Ray has reported that this repeater is looking for a new home.
- 444.200 – Jason is not here, there is no update.
- 875 – Merritt reported his repeater is up and working again.
- 835 – Julio is reporting that it’s down.
- 925 PL – Nothing to report.
- 444.400 – Is up and running, please use it.
- 443.150 – The controller died and it is being rebuilt.
- D-Star – No info reported.
Emergency Committee Chair – Lloyd is not here, but Julio reported that if there are any amateurs that want to be CERT trained, follow-up with Lloyd.
Net Manager – Brandon reported there is a repeater rotation for the Wednesday night Net. The first Wednesday of the month the net will be held on 146.700, the second Wednesday will be 444.800, the third Wednesday will be 146.925 (PL 103.5), the fourth Wednesday will be 444.200 and the fifth Wednesday will be 146.760.
Testing – The Miami Beach CERT testing resulted in 7 new hams. There was 1 upgrade and 2 new Hams.
New Business – A) There was a donation made to the club and the items will be raffled off at the next meeting. B)
With no further business, Julio thanked everyone for coming.
Julio made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Brandon. The DRC meeting was adjourned at 20:20.