April 2012 Meeting Minutes

DADE RADIO CLUB APRIL 9, 2011 MINUTES OF MEETING

 

PRESIDENT: MIGUEL GARATE (KJ4YUN)

VICE PRESIDENT: MERRITT BURRUS (KI4GQO)

CORPORATE SECRETARY: JOANNE CARBANA (KG4GKU)

TREASURER: ESTHER SANCHEZ (KI40TX)

CORRESPONDING SECRETARY: VIRGIL SALISBURY (K4VSC)

 

BOARD OF DIRECTORS:

 

DAVID THOMPSON (WB4DT) (NOT PRESENT)

CARL JAGIELSKI (KA4HLO)

ANDY PICHS (N3PI) (NOT PRESENT)

ERNESTO DIAZ (KG4LXH) (NOT PRESENT)

RAY VAUGHAN (KD4BBM)

 

WEB SITE: http:/www.daderadioclub.org

 

Meeting was called to order at 19:21 with 23 present.

 

Miguel presided over the meeting and welcomed everyone. The meeting was not broadcast live on the air tonight from the EOC. Testing is being done in the other room. Everyone took turns and stated their name and call sign. Miguel welcomed everyone again. Miguel reminded everyone present tonight to sign in.

 

There are no minutes from last month’s meeting.

 

Corresponding Secretary – Virgil picked up the mail and bank statements.

 

Treasurer’s Report – Esther gave the treasurer’s report and we have 42 paid members. We have spent a lot of money, but is was all necessary and approved. Miguel has the club shirts if anyone wants to buy one. They are $20.00 each are either white or blue. If you have not paid your membership dues, please do so.

 

Director elections – the nominating committee has recommended that all of the present officers stay the same. Virgil announced that he does not want to continue as corresponding secretary. Merritt announced that he can get the mail until the club gets a replacement. Virgil will get him the key.

A motion was made by Glenn, seconded by Ray, to keep all of the officers the same. A vote was taken, and the motion passed. The officers are as follows:

 

PRESIDENT: MIGUEL GARATE (KJ4YUN)

VICE PRESIDENT: MERRITT BURRUS (KI4GQO)

CORPORATE SECRETARY: JOANNE CARBANA (KG4GKU)

TREASURER: ESTHER SANCHEZ (KI40TX)

CORRESPONDING SECRETARY:

 

Next, the Board of Directors was discussed and voted. The Board of Directors are as follows:

 

DAVID THOMPSON (WB4DT)

CARL JAGIELSKI (KA4HLO)

RAY VAUGHAN (KD4BBM)

VIRGIL SALISBURY (K4VSC)

SAM HARTE (KQ4MR)

 

Congratulations to everyone!

 

It was discussed that Ray, Carl, Evelyn and Ed Kane are all lifetime members of the club.

 

Website – Ryan advised that the website is being updated and moving to a new dedicated location.

 

Club Elmer/PIO Officer is Frank and he is not here tonight as he has to work late. Miguel advised that Frank, Tom and he are all going to the Hamfest in Dayton to promote our Hamfest here in February. They have paid for their airfare themselves. Letters are going out to all vendors this week.

 

Armando is in the other room doing testing tonight because Dave could not make it. He is looking for another date to teach another technician class on a few Saturdays. TBA.

 

Event Chair – Gus Field is not present tonight. Field Day is the weekend of June 23- 24. It will take place at Castellow Park, located at 22301 SW 162 Avenue in Miami. The information will be finalized at the next meeting.

 

Repeater reports:

 

147.000 – Merritt advised that it is being rebuilt. He is going to purchase other parts that were previously approved by the club. He will pay for the items and get reimbursement from the club.

 

147.760 – Ray said we were told to get out or clean it up. He went and got it cleaned up. He has an old controller that he is turning over to the club. It’s an ACC85 controller. It was given to Carl to put with our other equipment. Merritt said he may have a book on it and will let us know.

 

224.200; 1291.80 and the 51.660 are all down and expired.

 

444.200 – Carl advised it is up and working well. He is still working on it.

 

Digipeater 144.39 is working per Miguel.

 

 

Old Business:

 

Tom, Frank and Miguel are going to Dayton’s Hamfest and the letters are going out to the vendors this week. We need more assistance for our Hamfest that will take place February 1 and 2, 2013 at the Youth Fair Grounds. The website is up and running at Miamihamfest.net.

 

D-Star Repeater – Miguel is still looking for a site. Carl is still trying the FIU site.

 

Miguel asked if there was any other old business. There was none.

 

New Business:

 

Again, the club polo shirts are available for $20.00 each in white or blue. See Miguel to purchase one.

 

Miguel announced the Miami-Dade ARES/RACES and main net this month on 146.925.

Miguel also discussed other club nets and meetings.

 

Ray announced that he is going to a drill in Melborne on EMP’s. He also announced that there are changes being made in the building. Fire Dispatch is moving to this building. We will not be meeting in the auditorium. We may be meeting in the cafeteria or the training building. TBA. The radio room is staying.

 

Hollis advised about the Coral Gables Flamingo Net and the UM Amateur Radio Club April 21 free flea in Coral Gables.

 

Miguel announced that our club is going to talk to Gordon West tonight via Skype after the meeting.

 

Miguel asked if there was any other new business. There was none.

 

Miguel thanked everyone for coming. A Motion to close the meeting was made by Esther, seconded by Virgil. Voted and passed.

 

The DRC meeting was adjourned at 19:57.

 

 

Via Skype the club members participated in speaking with Gordon West WB6NOA. He gave a great presentation and a lot of information. He also took questions from the club members present.

 

Armando came in while we were speaking to Gordon via Skype that we have 1 new tech that passed his test – Sam Morrine (?) and Carlos passed his general. Congratulations to both of them!

 

The Skype conference was completed at 20:38.

 

Joanne Carbana

KG4GKU